The smoky eye is the go-to make-up look for a night on the town, or dressing up your usual make-up style. However, there’s a new look ready to take it’s crown for the new season; the ‘frosted eye’. The frosted eye is understated, mysterious and seriously sexy. As seen at Chanel for their Autumn/Winter ’11 show, by renowned make-up artist Peter Philips, we think this look is perfect for the Christmas season. Here’s our step by step guide to create your frosted make-up look:
– Take a black kohl eye liner pencil, starting at the inner corner of the eye, making a line gradually becoming thicker towards the outer corner of the eye. Add a small line along the bottom row of lashes at the outer corner of the eye, lightly blending to help define the shape of the eye.
– Dip you brush into your chosen frosted shade… we recommend the Bare Minerals eye shadow in ‘Imagination’ for the most authentic look. Work a small amount of colour at the inner corner of the eye, blending up to the brow bone and around the top half of the eye, just below the eyebrow. Blend outwards to where the eyebrow ends, adding a little more to the top lid. This should create a lovely shimmer wash effect over the eye. Then blend another small amount along the bottom row of lashes, blending into the black kohl liner at the outer corner. This effect is known as ‘cocoon eyes’, blending colour around the entire circumference of the eye.
– Using a slightly darker colour, (we recommend Bare Minerals eyeshadow in ‘Cat Woman’) dab your brush around the outer corner of the eye and blend lightly towards the middle, leaving the brow area awash with the lighter shimmer.
– Lightly trace over the black kohl liner again on the top lid, before adding a few coats of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
– Keep the rest of your make-up natural, with full, soft pink lips, lightly shades brows and a dusting of blusher on the top of cheek bones.
To keep make-up put, we use the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil powder to dust over and keep make-up fresh and prepare to wow everyone with your party-perfect make-up this Christmas!
Good Luck, and be sure to let us know how you get on with your new look!